A transmission’s shift strategy and shift quality go a long way toward influencing vehicle drivability and ride comfort. We optimize gearshift processes by calibrating and precision-adjusting the electronic transmission control system on the basis of generally acknowledged criteria or criteria arranged with the client.
The way to optimizing shift strategy:
- Designing shift points
- Calibrating situation-specific driving modes: consumption-optimized, sporty, hybrid (electric), hill-climbing
- Calibrating all transmission and special-purpose functions relating to driving strategy, such as driver-type identification.
The way to optimizing shift quality:
- Calibrating shifting-process control
- Calibrating gear engagement and driving off
- Calibrating converter lockup clutch
- Calibrating specific operating modes: cold, hot, altitude
The way to validating functions:
- Measuring driving properties with boundary components (tolerance range)
- Calibrating diagnostic functions and / or limits
- Calibrating emergency driving properties in the event of a malfunction.
Across the globe, we operate with 600 experienced members of staff in calibrating powertrain management systems. Some developed in-house, we use tools for standardizing and automating calibration, checking the plausibility of calibration data and generating initial calibration datasets with minimum effort. Efficient data management constantly gives our calibration engineers and clients a clear picture, keeping them in control over variants and the calibration history of each dataset. Our aim is to reduce the work involved in calibration – while satisfying every single calibration specification.
Several thousands of successful production startups at international OEMs in Europe, the USA and Asia testify to the quality of IAV’s calibration expertise.