IAV is currently searching for a Powertrain Controls Lead for our location in Auburn Hills, MI.
Responsbilities for the position are as follows:
- Responsible for developing algorithms and software for engine control systems with an emphasis on engine subsystems and their interactions; including airflow, fuel flow, thermal management and after-treatment controls.
- Works on all phases or aspects of projects such as technical studies, preparation of specifications, technical plans, engine testing, data analysis and validation. Maintains and improve control system requirement specification.
- Taking control design from concept, to requirements, to code, to test, and then through to production implementation.
- Creates and executes test plans, test scripts, test automation, and the generation of test reports. Developing and debugging software using MIL / SIL / HIL as well as engines and in vehicles.
- Responsible for enhancing the technical capabilities of the powertrain controls team by carrying out client work as well as delivering internal research projects.
- Responsible for conducting task and project reviews at regular intervals, usually weekly or bi-weekly and may act as Project Leader.
- Ensures the quality of the planning and execution of engineering activities for the team/project.
- Ensures data and technical project report quality.
- Reviews project work for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, and customer requirements, including opinions and interpretations.
- Coordinates activities concerned with technical development, scheduling, and resolving cross functional engineering issues. Identify, initiate, and support opportunities for technology development, process improvements, tool development, and knowledge capture and re-use.
- Identifies and supports business and strategic company development opportunities.