Passion, inventive spirit and the determination to achieve engineering excellence are the driving forces behind IAV’s over 5000 global staff members. IAV is one of the leading providers of engineering services to the automotive industry. Our core competencies include powertrain, electronics and vehicle development. Our clients include all major automobile manufacturers and component suppliers. We are a leading engineering partner for all manufacturers and suppliers, and offer over 30 years of experience and a range of competencies that is unique in its breadth. We foster a culture that demonstrates care, trust and commitment to excellence in the way we do our work, collaborate with each other, and in how we interact with our customers. Every employee is valued and plays a vital role in the growth of the organization and impact with customers. Our varied portfolio, industry thought leadership and technical expertise allows us to attract and engage the brightest and most talented professionals in the automotive industry.
IAV is currently seeking a Software Development Engineer in the Bay Area of California. This is a post-entry level position that works closely with project team members, customers, and other key players. Position requires prior experience in the field and a demonstrated understanding of the technical aspects of the job. Flexibility is a must and travel may be required.
Essential Responsibillities and Activities:
- Develop technical concepts and solutions for the new generation of vehicle infotainment systems.
- Reproduce software bugs / defects present in the current deliveries, implement potential fixes, and provided detailed analyses.
- Perform software verification and validation on fixes and new features for the next generation navigation systems.
- Identify potential improvements and software defects in the navigation during vehicle test drives.
- Support customer meetings
- Support business and strategic company development opportunities
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and build technical knowledge and ability
- Maintain ISO required documentation (project diary, open issues list etc.)
- Travel for purposes of test trips, training, or meetings, possibly outside the country
- All other duties as assigned