IAV Meru is a powerful measuring instrument and an attractively priced solution for indicating and monitoring knock in engine calibration, providing you with an objective measure for assessing an engine’s knock activity. The IAV Meru hardware not only comes with inputs for pressure sensor and knock sensor signals but also for other analog signals. Digital signal processors use the signal curves for computing various thermodynamic and knock-specific parameters. These are displayed in the IAV Meru software and statistically evaluated online.
A user-configurable CAN interface can be used for exporting all of IAV Meru’s measurement readings and statistical variables to other systems (e.g. test bench). This makes IAV Meru an inexpensive alternative to standard indication systems for recording and delivering key thermodynamic variables.
Our service also covers regular software updates, putting IAV Meru into service and training staff to use it. On request, we also provide our customers with assistance in positioning knock sensors and in calibrating knock control systems from all well-known control unit manufacturers.
- 8 user-configurable input channels (pressure signal, knock sensor and other analog signals)
- Resolution: 16-bit
- Sampling rate: 400 kHz per channel
- 4 additional input channels (1 kHz sampling, multiplex-capable)
- Input voltage range from -10 V to +10 V
- Maximum engine speed: 8,000 rpm
- Selected measured variables: absolute knock peak pressure, delta p85 knock value, noise integral, maximum pressure signal, position of pressure maximum, various indicated effective mean pressures, position of 10%, 50% and 90% energy conversion, PMI coefficient of variation
- USB 2.0, CAN
- Connection for DC voltage supply (7-40 V) or optionally for AC voltage supply (100-240 V)