Data Scientist* – Automated Intelligent Transport Systems / Smart Mobility
The process of connecting the automobile to the Internet of Things (IoT) and providing increasingly extensive, cloud-based functions for the consumer in the vehicle is being driven forward by virtually all automobile manufacturers and also by global players from the IT world, such as Google and Microsoft. In this field, IAV acts both as a link between these sectors and also in defining and implementing new, innovative services and systems.
Worldwide, our staff works in projects focusing on configuring, implementing, integrating as well as testing innovative functions of highly automated driving and automated intelligent transport systems. Our expertise in the field of driver assistance is complemented by the topics of cloud/car-2-X-based security functions as well as IAV’s proprietary HAD vehicle, showcased, for example, in joint presentations with Microsoft at CES 2016/2017.
For systematically analyzing recorded (sensor) data and linking them with established IoT platforms, we are looking for a Data Scientist* in this heterogeneous, technologically interdisciplinary field for developing innovative analytics and AI applications:
- Data collection, processing, analysis and interpretation of (sensor) data
- Analysis, simulation and piloting of methods from the fields of data mining, predictive analytics and machine learning
- Integration and monitoring of external content providers
- Support in prototype showcases and proof-of-concept implementation of algorithms
- Proactive support in customer projects from analysis, concept definition and development to implementing and commissioning cloud-based functions
Joining IAV, you will play a key part in developing innovative interconnected functions in the automotive environment and, with us, shape the future of mobility.
- You hold a degree in IT, mathematics, telecommunications, electrical engineering or a comparable course of study
- Experience in processing large structured and unstructured data records, ideally in the big data environment
- Familiarity with machine learning algorithms and/or in-depth statistical skills
- Extensive programming skills in one or more of the following programming languages/frameworks: .NET, C++ / C#, Java, JSON, PHP, Perl, Python
- Initial experience with cloud platforms, such as Microsoft Azure, and knowledge of the PaaS components offered
- Autonomous work in self-organized, agile, cross-functional teams
- Proactive assumption of responsibility for as well as clear communication of complex relationships
- Analytical problem-solving strategy in coping with challenges, and an exact, target-oriented approach to work
IAV offers a range of services that is second to none – including the career opportunities for our employees. At IAV you will work on demanding and future-oriented assignments with a lot of scope for your ideas. Through focused training and promotion we offer the very best prospects for your individual professional development.
* We welcome people of every race, gender, and age group.
In Nürnberg als Zentrum in den Bereichen Informations- und Kommunikationsindustrie, Verkehr und Logistik, Energietechnologie und Leistungselektronik darf IAV als einer der führenden Engineering-Partner nicht fehlen. Weltklasse ist in Nürnberg nicht nur das Engineering, sondern auch die Messe und der Christkindlesmarkt. Herzlich willkommen bei IAV in Nürnberg!
Alle reden von Work-Life Balance. Wir leben sie.
Wir befähigen unsere Mitarbeiter, anspruchsvolle und abwechslungsreiche Aufgaben anzupacken und wollen, dass sie ihre berufliche Entwicklung als Bereicherung erleben. Zugleich liegt uns am Herzen, dass Sie die nötige Zeit und Flexibilität finden, um sich privat zu verwirklichen.