IAV Group is an engineering and technical consultancy servicing the global automotive industry with approximately 6,500 employees worldwide and more than 30 years of experience. As a recognized leader in the specification, design, development, validation and production launch of advanced vehicle and powertrain systems, IAV Automotive Engineering deploys a leading team of technical experts, engineering tools and program processes from its North American Headquarters in Northville, Michigan.
IAV is currently seeking a Hardware in the loop (HIL) Testing / Plant Modeling Engineer to work in Auburn Hills, MI.
Essential Responsibilities & Activities:
- Support the specification/requirements phase for defining Hardware in the Loop test systems
- Develop, support and maintain the development of plant models used in the HIL System
- Support the HIL simulators, incl. debugging both hardware and software issues
- Work closely with engineers to recreate field issues using the HIL test system
- Develop, support and maintain the creation of vehicle configurations to be simulated on the HIL test system
- Develop real time Simulation Models using Matlab/Simulink in support of real time testing of integrated controllers using Hardware-In-the-Loop (HIL)
- Adapt and integrate Powertrain or Hybrid controllers with HIL test system
- Integration of plant models from multiple vehicle domains to enable software verification on HIL benches
- Train and support validation engineers Hardware-In-the-Loop bench and test setups
- Understanding of Subsystem/Features in Powertrain or Hybrid Controls domains
- Develop HIL test automation solutions for integration testing of vehicle features and functions.
- Capable of utilizing various scripting tools (i.e. PROVEtech, Python, Visual C)
- Support planning and execution of engineering activities as directed by supervisor or senior team members
- Support customer meetings
- Travel for purposes of test trips, training, or meetings