IAV Group is an engineering and technical consultancy servicing the global automotive industry with approximately 7,000 employees worldwide and more than 30 years of experience. As a recognized leader in the specification, design, development, validation and production launch of advanced vehicle and powertrain systems, IAV Automotive Engineering deploys a leading team of technical experts, engineering tools and program processes from its North American Headquarters in Northville, Michigan.
IAV is currently seeking a Transmission Controls Engineer at our Project Office in Auburn Hills, Michigan.
The Transmission Controls Engineer will work with internal and external customers to design, validate, and integrate control systems for driveline & transmissions in accordance with IAV’s high standard of commitment. The Engineer will be a key player in supporting a growing team, helping develop strategy for the US market as well as leading opportunities for internal R&D.
Essential Responsibilities & Activities:
- Responsible for developing algorithms and software for transmission and driveline control systems with emphasis on transmission subsystems and their interactions; including clutch, hydraulic, thermal management, diagnostics and drivability
- Responsible for increasing the technical capabilities of the business unit by carrying out client work as well as delivering internal research projects
- Carries out task and project reviews at regular intervals, usually weekly or bi-weekly and may act as Project Leader
- Creates and executes test plans, test scripts, test automation, and the generation of test reports
- Developing and debugging software using MIL / SIL / HIL as well as in vehicle
- Taking control design from concept, to requirements, to code, to test, and then through to production implementation
- Maintain and improve control system requirement specification
- Deals directly with customers to win business and ensure that project delivery is successful; acts as a liaison with clients and is responsible for maintaining relationships with customers.