IAV Group is an engineering and technical consultancy servicing the global automotive industry with approximately 7,000 employees worldwide and more than 30 years of experience. As a recognized leader in the specification, design, development, validation and production launch of advanced vehicle and powertrain systems, IAV Automotive Engineering deploys a leading team of technical experts, engineering tools and program processes from its North American Headquarters in Northville, Michigan.
IAV is currently seeking a Calibration Engineer – Diesel OBD at our North American Headquarters in Northville, Michigan.
Position Description Summary:
Develop powertrain systems calibrations to meet functional requirements. Support IAV internal projects and work as a member of a team on projects with external customers to deliver experimental and production level calibrations for various diesel applications.
Essential Responsibilities and Activities:
- Work as part of a diverse team of professionals to develop powertrain calibrations in-house and at customer locations
- Represent company to customers to gather customer requirements and assess customer expectations
- Develop, test, and release calibrations for powertrain systems to meet performance and fuel economy objectives
- Develop, test, and release calibrations to meet powertrain systems quality objectives and durability requirements
- Complete development and sign-off testing under all operating conditions, including base, temperature extremes, high altitude function and other application specific operating modes
- Support test trips (may be multistate tests)
- Support implementation and integration of software
- Assist with solving integration issues that may involve multiple code modules, code bases, and multiple developers
- Support testing, development, and calibration, in laboratory, dynamometer facilities, and vehicle environments as required
- Interface with engineers in a variety of disciplines, communicate with global development teams, and participate in technical meetings
- Maintain awareness of the state-of-the-art in technical areas of responsibility
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of powertrain technologies, including powertrain control principles, OBD systems, test techniques, OEM and company development processes and procedures
- Other duties as assigned