IAV Group is an engineering and technical consultancy servicing the global automotive industry with approximately 6,500 employees worldwide and more than 30 years of experience. As a recognized leader in the specification, design, development, validation and production launch of advanced vehicle and powertrain systems, IAV Automotive Engineering deploys a leading team of technical experts, engineering tools and program processes from its North American Headquarters in Northville, Michigan.
IAV is currently seeking a PUMA Engineer at our North American Headquarters in Northville, Michigan. This position is a lead contact for technical assistance for test cells running in a dynamic environment.
Responsbilities for the position are as follows:
- Responsible for troubleshooting and repairing Puma-related hardware and software
- Work towards standardization in the test cell environment
- Maintain technical department files (e.g. instrumentation lists, manuals, how to’s).
- Coordinate with test cell customers to ensure timely calibration and/or preventative maintenance of instruments and equipment.
- Provide training as needed and act as a consultant for scripting activities
- Responsible for project Puma setup for new projects
- Maintain AVL Host and provide routine maintenance
- Support standardization and optimization of loadsets and configuration files.
- Daily calibration/maintenance of emission/measurement equipment (I60, Mexa DEGR/FX, FTIR)
- Write TST’s in AVL PUMA
- Setup engine and instrumentation in test cell
- Perform maintenance and calibration of AVL 415S, AVL483, AVL 735, Torque Flange, Pressure Transducers
- Assist engineers with the creation of layouts to filter and review test data
- Work with DevX and INCA to control ECU parameters when testing engines
- Set up production and prototype engines/vehicles and instrumentation.
- Assist in the specifications and design of future test and automation system equipment needs
- Must conduct and oversee service requests and orders to suppliers
- Be proactive in supporting continuous improvements and improving efficiency
- Perform all work according to IAV’s ISO procedures
- All other duties as assigned