IAV Group is an engineering and technical consultancy servicing the global automotive industry with approximately 7,000 employees worldwide and more than 30 years of experience. As a recognized leader in the specification, design, development, validation and production launch of advanced vehicle and powertrain systems, IAV Automotive Engineering deploys a leading team of technical experts, engineering tools and program processes from its North American Headquarters in Northville, Michigan.
IAV is currently seeking a Computer Support Intern at our North American Headquarters in Northville, Michigan.
This position offers general computer user support at the direction of the IT Team Leader.
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems
- Install, maintain and perform repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment
- Order hardware and software for company
- Maintain hardware and software inventory
- Conduct encryption and decryption of laptops
- Notify the Finance department of any/all distribution of hardware and software to charge departments for items received
- Provide first-tier support to end-users for PC and hardware
- Document steps taken to resolve end user issues in ticketing system
- Simulate or recreate user problems to resolve operating difficulties
- All other duties as assigned