IAV Group is an engineering and technical consultancy servicing the global automotive industry with approximately 7,000 employees worldwide and more than 30 years of experience. As a recognized leader in the specification, design, development, validation and production launch of advanced vehicle and powertrain systems, IAV Automotive Engineering deploys a leading team of technical experts, engineering tools and program processes from its North American Headquarters in Northville, Michigan.
IAV is seeking a Vehicle Technician for an Internship opportunity during the Spring of 2019 in Northville, MI.
The responsibilities for the position are as follows:
- Organizes work by reviewing daily requirements; checking and gathering supplies.
- Completes vehicle Internal Work Order based on directions from Project Manager, Engineer or Senior Technicians
- Keeps customer vehicles presentable
- Stores and retrieves vehicles by driving and parking vehicles.
- Secures vehicles by locking doors, windows, and trunks;
- Maintains safe environment by watching out for pedestrian traffic; following standards and procedures; complying with traffic and driving regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading service publications.
- Accomplishes maintenance and organization mission by completing related functions as needed.
- On-vehicle parts replacement
- Part modification and/or fabrication
- General repairs to vehicles
- Maintains a clean and safe work area
- Communicates and acknowledges any potential delays or issues in a timely manner