The IAV Cross – Injection Analyzer is the high-performance system for conducting hydraulic measurements on injection valves. It is used when differentiated and detailed considerations of injection processes are required – for conventional as well as alternative fuels and new: also for hydrogen!
The system computes the injection rate as a function of the dynamic increase in pressure in a fuel-filled measurement tube into which the nozzle injects fuel directly. The IAV Cross differs from comparable devices by the selected measuring principle. With no moving parts, delays in the measurement system are ruled out. The latest innovation and further development is the operation with hydrogen as a test medium. IAV offers development services around the topic of hydrogen injection.
The biggest advantage of the IAV Cross can be found in the possibility to simultaneously measure injection rates as well as injected fuel quantities as single events, and display the rate signal with very high precision. A further advantage: As there are no moving parts, the measuring unit requires hardly any maintenance and measurement results can be reproduced exactly. The system is not sensitive to high and low temperatures either, making it suitable for use in temperature-control chambers as well.
Apart from the hydraulic unit, the IAV Cross also includes a separate electronic unit that not only records and processes data but also coordinates the measurement technology. Included in the package, the system is controlled by powerful software that is easy to use and displays all information in a clearly structured manner. In addition to displaying data in real time, it also provides the capability of analyzing them in detail and re-playing saved measurement readings (e.g. for presentations). The IAV Cross can also be connected to the user’s test-bench software by a software interface. This enables integration into your development and testing landscape.
Test the system in a live demonstration – contact us using the contact form.
- Direct shot-to-shot measurement of injection rates
- Direct shot-to-shot measurement of injection masses or injected fuel volumes
- Measurement of injection delays
- Up to 14 partial injection events per stroke
- Measurement ranges: 0.3 to 30,000 mg/stroke
- Maximum measuring accuracy
- Maximum application temperature range
- Freely parameterizable analog inputs (optional)
- Measurement of ultra-small peak-to-peak distances
- Adjustable fuel backpressure: 5-180 bar
- Suitability for diesel, gasoline fuels,
alternative fuels as well as hydrogen
- Software interface for controlling the IAV Cross